Setting up the Front Plugin
Front is a shared inbox for teams that brings all of your external messages into one unified inbox.
HelpDocs has a plugin for Front that makes it really easy to send knowledge base articles to your customers when you're responding to their messages. Just slide out the sidebar, search for an article, and click insert.
Connecting HelpDocs & Front
- In your Front app
- Head to Settings > Integrations
- Find and click on HelpDocs
- Click Enable Integration
- Toggle the Enabled switch on and hit Save
- You'll be taken back to the integrations page. Click on HelpDocs again
- In the Settings tab copy the Secret Key to your clipboard
- In your HelpDocs dashboard
- Go to Settings > Integrations
- Paste your Secret Key into the Front Auth Secret box
- Hit Save
Now when you're responding to messages in Front, you'll be able to pull up the HelpDocs sidebar. You can search for articles and insert links into your reply with a couple clicks.