Setting Up the Chrome Extension
The HelpDocs extension for Google Chrome lets you easily find articles from any webpage. It's particularly helpful when you're replying to customer support tickets.
Better still, the Chrome extension can be used by anyone on your team. All they need is your account slug.
Installing the Chrome Extension
Installing the Chrome extension only takes a few seconds.
- Click here to go to the HelpDocs extension in the Google Chrome Webstore
- Click Add to Chrome
- You'll see a confirmation popup. Click Add Extension to confirm.
- Click the HD icon that's been added to your toolbar
- Enter your account slug (that's the first part of your subdomain)
- Click Save
Using the Chrome Extension
The Chrome extension lets you do two things: find/preview articles and copy HTML links to them.
- Click the HelpDocs Logo icon in your Chrome toolbar
- Enter a search term and click Search
- You'll get a list of close matches
- To preview an article, click its title
- To copy a link to the article, click the link button next to the title
- Copy a Markdown version of the link with the M↓ button
- Copy a HTML version by clicking the </> button