Setting Up Multilingual Docs
It makes sense to speak your customers' language, which is why we have tools to help you translate your docs. You can write your docs in as many languages as you can think of, and your visitors can choose the version they want.
Enabling Multilingual Docs
- Head to Settings > General
- Check Enable Multilingual HelpDocs
- Choose your default language
- Add any secondary languages
Setting Your Default Language
When enabling multilingual HelpDocs, you'll need to choose a default language. We'll redirect users here if they haven’t already selected another language. Choose the language your customers will most likely use.
- If you're a French company who serves customers mainly in French, it would be sensible to set the default language to français.
- If you're a Dutch company who serves customers mainly in English, it would be sensible to set the default language to English.
Setting Your Secondary Languages
You can choose as many secondary languages as you'd like, and the autocomplete will help you find the ones you need. Once you're done translating your docs for customers, these languages will appear in the top right of the header.