Connecting Google Analytics
Google Analytics helps you track people landing on your website, then gives you insights into their behavior. HelpDocs integrates with Google Analytics to help you track what they're doing on your knowledge base too.
All it takes is a short code. There's no need to edit the header or footer.
Connecting Google Analytics to HelpDocs
- In your Google Analytics account, head to Admin
- Click Tracking Info > Tracking Code
- Copy the code under Tracking ID (It'll look something like UA-########-#)
- In the HelpDocs dashboard, go to Settings > Integrations
- Paste the tracking code into the box for Google Analytics
- Hit Save
You'll now see all your HelpDocs traffic alongside your web traffic in Google Analytics. If you wanna examine the traffic on its own, create a new view.